Cat using toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Katerlyn

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to get the cat to go in the toilet (not the training way kit)...my cats will go in litter boxes with screens so i can dump results in toilet....but it sure would be nice if they just hopped up on the toilet reserved for them in the basement! Any ideas? I think someone could make a mint if they figured this out. I had a machine that washed the plastic litter, worked great, but the last i knew the company went out of business and i had to stop using it because the carpenter installed it next to furnace and it seemed like the furnace vent spewed the smell upstairs to the foyer. Plus I can't get refills for the machine. I was using clumping litter and machines and so forth, what a mess and expensive, too for under 10 cats. I have an "outhouse" porch that they can tunnel to (their playhouse, too)....because we have killer coyotes here...but they don't always use the outhouse...I thought about converting a couple old toilet commodes I have...

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I think you're stuck with some sort of training kit (there are severeal of them on the market), unless your cat(s) are a hell of a lot more trainable than mine. From several Web videos I've seen they ultimately do a great job. I would NOT train the cat to flush, as some have done, since it turns out to be great entertainment for most cats.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6497257644936185526

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Remove the water from the commode and fill it with kitty litter. Then they'll go in the toilet.:rolleyes:

R

Rancher

I used saran wrap with kitty litter, worked well until he had a diarrea day, and it was all over the bathroom, that was the last day of training.

Rancher

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Cats will use floor drains. Tub, shower drains.

I have known cats that pee down drains instead of putting it into litter boxes. Urine stinks. Cat urine reeks.

New need: a lever that drops a cup of water on top. Or, even better, a waterless urinal for cats. Oil-based.

David

Last edited by a moderator: