Case 3000 Hanging Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Ben Neilsen

Reaction score
Got 2 Case 3000 Hanging toilets. One is lavender, and the other eggshell blue. I'd sure like to get replacements for both of them, but the seats are kind of breaking, and I'm probably not going to get matching parts. So on the assumption that's pie in the sky:

I understand how I need to modify the wall mount in order to make a different wall hung toilet work.

Can you guys tell me what you recommend as the best replacement? I've heard about the Gerber Maxwell, the American Standard Glenwall Elongated. Are those the two best? Any picks between them? Any others?

Thanks.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Well, if you can keep the Cases, that's what I would do just because they are super-cool. You might search online for seats, because there are original and aftermarket seats out there for an enormous array of oddball toilets. There are manufacturers that just make seats for specialized toilets, like my funky lowboy, in all sorts of original colors, and the contrast of a white seat or a dark blue, etc., might also look cool.

The Case hangs on a standard carrier, with one part added to it and two bolts removed, according to posts from our resident expert on them. As I understand it, you open the wall, remove the hanger piece from the carrier, and install a bolt in each of the two holes in the carrier that arent' being used, and voila. Ready for your boring modern toilet.

The Glenwall is pressure-assist and works well. It uses the Sloan Flushmate pressure device, which has proven generally to be reliable (although some earlier versions occasionally exploded). You do get the DOOOOSH! sound that any pressure-assist makes. Some people love that, some hate it.

The Maxwell is a gravity flush, similar to most toilets these days. Terry has installed a bunch of both at one vacation condominium complex in mountainous Rural Washington, and he says that the Maxwell is quiet and flushes well. I can't imagine that it's gonna win any awards for flushing, but it is apparently satisfactory. A lot of his clients have been installing it. Cheaper and quieter than the Glenwall, but the Glenwall has a very effective flush. (As with many pressure bowls, my experience is that it will sometimes pulverize the toilet paper and leave little teensy bits of pulverized paper in the remaining water. Not always, but sometimes.)

FWIW, you probably know that you can't put a gravity tank on a pressure bowl, so if it's too noisy, you need to replace the whole Glenwall, tank and bowl, and vice-versa. Every once in a while, someone comes on here to say they removed the flushmate from the tank and installed nice Korky gravity parts, and now when they flush, the water just stays in the tank. Well, yeah. If you put a flushmate in a gravity bowl, it will spray all over, and if you put a gravity system in a pressure bowl, it will just stay in the tank. Two different bowl designs for two different flush systems.

Ben Neilsen

Reaction score
Well, if you can keep the Cases, that's what I would do just because they are super-cool. You might search online for seats, because there are original and aftermarket seats out there for an enormous array of oddball toilets. There are manufacturers that just make seats for specialized toilets, like my funky lowboy, in all sorts of original colors, and the contrast of a white seat or a dark blue, etc., might also look cool.

The Case hangs on a standard carrier, with one part added to it and two bolts removed, according to posts from our resident expert on them. As I understand it, you open the wall, remove the hanger piece from the carrier, and install a bolt in each of the two holes in the carrier that arent' being used, and voila. Ready for your boring modern toilet.

The Glenwall is pressure-assist and works well. It uses the Sloan Flushmate pressure device, which has proven generally to be reliable (although some earlier versions occasionally exploded). You do get the DOOOOSH! sound that any pressure-assist makes. Some people love that, some hate it.

The Maxwell is a gravity flush, similar to most toilets these days. Terry has installed a bunch of both at one vacation condominium complex in mountainous Rural Washington, and he says that the Maxwell is quiet and flushes well. I can't imagine that it's gonna win any awards for flushing, but it is apparently satisfactory. A lot of his clients have been installing it. Cheaper and quieter than the Glenwall, but the Glenwall has a very effective flush. (As with many pressure bowls, my experience is that it will sometimes pulverize the toilet paper and leave little teensy bits of pulverized paper in the remaining water. Not always, but sometimes.)

FWIW, you probably know that you can't put a gravity tank on a pressure bowl, so if it's too noisy, you need to replace the whole Glenwall, tank and bowl, and vice-versa. Every once in a while, someone comes on here to say they removed the flushmate from the tank and installed nice Korky gravity parts, and now when they flush, the water just stays in the tank. Well, yeah. If you put a flushmate in a gravity bowl, it will spray all over, and if you put a gravity system in a pressure bowl, it will just stay in the tank. Two different bowl designs for two different flush systems.
Thanks for the reply. I'd absolutely love to get replacement parts. I found a site where I can buy the guts for the blue one I have, which are expensive, but worth it, but for the seats (lavender and blue), I've come up completely empty. That site sells white ones only. If you could direct me to a place where I could match the parts, I'd sure appreciate it :)

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I will give it a whirl over the next few days. As to the parts, every once in a while one turns up on Ebay, posted by someone who doesn't realize what they have, and it goes for a fair price, rather than the exhorbitant prices I have seen around. That said, I think our resident expert once said that most of the time, an inexpensive plunger kit for the top of the valve from the Briggs dealer cures a lot of ills, and a lot of people are replacing a lot of parts that really don't need it. That's a good thing to keep in mind. When a Korky replacement fill valve for the average toilet costs $10, it's not really worth worrying about fixing many fill valves, but when the entire fill valve for a specialized toilet like the case costs $500 and a plunger kit costs less than $15, fixing the thing is the obvious choice.

And something like this is probably wholly-unsatisfactory for the price. They list all the colors, but then say they don't match exactly. "It in your color, but it won't match. And I want $375." Thanks soooooo much.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-Toile...0-2nd-Model-/151383943556?hash=item233f2fa984 If you were cool with white, for a contrast, obviously this case seat is a much better deal: https://www.plumbingsupply.com/case.html

Last edited:

Ben Neilsen

Reaction score
Hey man, I think I'm just gonna get the American Standard Glenwall Elongated
(2093.100.020 White). Because it's $500 bucks, I'm wanting to be as sure as possible it'll mount on what I have, so long as I add those two bolts to the top part of the carrier?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks