Can You Identify this Faucet Brand? Price Pfister faucet with a "C" spout

Users who are viewing this thread

cstephen44

Reaction score
I'd like to replace my shiny brass faucets with their dark brown plastic accents but I don't know the brand, which I'd like to know so I can keep the existing valve. This is the sink, I have a roman tub filler as well that is the same. The only writing I can find is on the end of the spout/aerator and is corroded. My best guess is : 2 GPM MAX AST 1.181.1

If you are familiar with this faucet and don't know the brand, can you possibly tell me how to get the handles off? The top plastic plate doesn't pop off, I can't find a screw anywhere (except one on the tub filler spout). The demo guys will be here any day. I'd like to remove them without resorting to means that could damage my tub!

Thank you

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,042
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,029

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is a Price Pfister faucet with a "C" spout and Euro Trim. The top caps unscrew, but you will probably need a pair of pliers to get them started. They have a rubber "washer" under them which makes them tight after a few years. The handles are interchangeable with new versions. The spout is NOT.

cstephen44

Reaction score
Thank You So I understand you to say that I can't just replace the spout myself (I'm talking about the tub filler, not the lavatory sinks) without any plumbing skills, but a professional could do it by replacing the valve... is that right? Can the valve be replaced in a deck mount tub by going through the top or does the deck have to be opened up?

Thanks again for your reply

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The handles unscrew after removing the top piece (you might damage the finish getting the top brass piece unscrewed though if you weren't careful). To get to the filler spout, you'd have to unscrew it from underneath, so whatever was required to gain access is what it would take.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you want to replace the lavatory spout, then you HAVE to replace the entire faucet. The Roman tub trim and spout IS replaceable, however, with the proper adapters. Buy the lavatory faucets you like and the Roman tub trim to match it, and then see if they know what you need to install it, (it involves a spout adapter and escutcheon holders). The ONLY thing you can do to the lavatory faucets without getting a new faucet would be to change the handles to comtemporary versions, but most will be lever handles so you will need a new stem for the cold water to reverse its rotation.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks