Can you identify this control valve?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by ryroo, Aug 24, 2013.

1. ryroo

ryroo New Member

This was taken from a community college, it was used 3 years then they replaced with a larger system. I have 2 of these identical control valves with the brass head attached. I cannot find make/model information anywhere that positively identifies this. Can anyone help? photo 3-1.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 5.jpg

the box this is mounted on has PN 40278
    Under the main timer I can read "serial No 71101-005.000-0004c00" but it is identical on the second unit, so i'm not sure what that is identifying.
    Thanks.
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Fleck 2900 commercial valves that are set up as softeners or potassium permag units.
    The one in the photo is part of a lock out system, there is a master control unit some place that is not on the valve control.
  3. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Pre-2006 Fleck 2900 electromechanical valve. The valve was re-cast as a single piece in the middle of 2005. A remote meter or other piece is missing as stated earlier. Probably a softener valve, it is set up for a 24" diameter tank (15 GPM DLFC). In that time frame, system 7 (twin alternating) or system 6 (series regeneration) were very common.

It appears to be in decent condition. It would make a great rental unit.