Can someone tell me what this is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Andy Burns

Reaction score
Hello , I am new to well water systems and water softeners . I have this little box next to the water softener and it has chlorine pebbles in a bottle on top of it. I have no idea what it is and what you do with it . Can someone please help me out?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• chlorine.jpg
    chlorine.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 165

Reach4

Reaction score
I presume you have two softener-looking things, and this one has a hose that connects to the one piped inline before the softener.

It may be a solution tank for your iron+h2s system. Does it say Eliminator on the label?

If that is the case, you might have to add water and crystals periodically, or the control might send some water into the tank in your picture and suck up the liquid. That later sounds convenient.

Andy Burns

Reaction score
you are right it does say eliminator on it here is another picture also a picture of the pellets

Attachments

• IMG_0277 (002).jpg
    IMG_0277 (002).jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0280 (002).jpg
    IMG_0280 (002).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 139

Skyjumper

Reaction score
since you are new to wells & softeners, there's a company called Springsoft near you that I've worked with and they were very good. if you need local help.

a bit off topic - is that a basement watchdog sump pump system? are you new to those? I've had very bad experience with those things. get yourself a 100A battery load tester from Harbor Freight https://www.harborfreight.com/100a-612v-battery-load-tester-61747.html and test that battery every week, and before storms. check the electrolyte levels in a 6 cells every month don't trust the probe/alarm. this in addition to manually testing the pump to ensure it still runs and pumps. those 12V battery back up sump systems are notorious for failing at the very time you need them to work. I got rid of mine years ago and use inverters to power the redundant 120Vac primary pumps.

Edit. here's a pic of my sump power supplies. It's a bit messy, but very effective. 2 independent systems, each with a bank of deep cycle marine batteries, charger, auto transfer switch, and DC/AC inverter. and Storm Pro pumps in the pit. I built the ATSs myself (could not find anything like it for purchase). yes I know they have inverters with the charger and ATS built in, and I do have one, but they do not work how I want them to.
PS2.JPG

Last edited:

Andy Burns

Reaction score
since you are new to wells & softeners, there's a company called Springsoft near you that I've worked with and they were very good. if you need local help.

a bit off topic - is that a basement watchdog sump pump system? are you new to those? I've had very bad experience with those things. get yourself a 100A battery load tester from Harbor Freight https://www.harborfreight.com/100a-612v-battery-load-tester-61747.html and test that battery every week, and before storms. check the electrolyte levels in a 6 cells every month don't trust the probe/alarm. this in addition to manually testing the pump to ensure it still runs and pumps. those 12V battery back up sump systems are notorious for failing at the very time you need them to work. I got rid of mine years ago and use inverters to power the redundant 120Vac primary pumps.

Thank you so much for the tip. I called springsoft and they are coming out next week. Thank you also for the tip on the sump as well. I will look into it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks