Can Someone Offer Me Some Do's and Don'ts for Mobile Home DWV Plumbing

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by kailor, Feb 22, 2011.

1. kailor

kailor New Member

I'm renovating a mobile home and have pulled out all the plumbing. I am seeking advice on replumbing the DWV system. I have taken pictures. I have also moved some fixtures around. Can someone offer up some Do's and Don'ts for mobile home DWV plumbing? Thanks in advance.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Other than your supply lines are often run underneath, and thus could be exposed to freezing, it's not much different than a conventional house other than running lines through the walls are harder, and probably to be avoided. Specific details for your specifc situation, hire a pro; you'll not learn it from a forum.
  3. dlarrivee

dlarrivee New Member

The biggest problem is that if you replace the piping exactly as it was installed before you might not be meeting todays code...
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Mobile homes do not really have a "code", or rather they have a very "liberal" one, which has little to do with the normal plumbing codes.