Can someone check this setup out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Marty53

Reaction score
Ok I have two questions in my latest bath remodel.

I'm wondering if putting an offset flange in my application is asking for trouble or not. Using one would put the rough in at 13.5" inches instead of the 15" it is at right now because of the joist in the way. I can't see any logical way to box out the joists to get around this. I know its better to use a banded fernco on the 4" CI, but I supported the pvc with blocking underneath and a strap so it should be ok.

Also, is the vent setup ok for the tub? Where the vent line is now will be a partition wall. When I ripped it out they just used a galvanized vent T on the horizontal to run up the wall. I know that is a no-no so I had to use some extra fittings to get the wye to work and run up the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 288

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Get rid of those all rubber Fernco's!
Use Fernco Proflex Couplings, or other banded couplings...

As far as the offset flange the choice is yours. Personally I don't like the ones with a shallow offset. Ilike the deep offsets like the one pictured below... Stainless steel rings are a plus...

offset_level_fit_flng.jpg

If you are going with a 14" Rough I would recomment installing a Toto toilet that uses the Unifit Adapter.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks