Can Shark bite fittings be used on Pex?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by billhayton, Apr 7, 2008.

1. billhayton

billhayton New Member

Just want to know if it is to code to use Shark bite fittings here in California
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

As I understand it, they have a national approval, but local places have the final say...best to call and ask. if you go to the www.cashacme.com site, you can probably get the specs, which may be handy when talking to the inspector.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

4. billhayton

billhayton New Member

thanks for the reply

Useful posts I've checked them out and you are right...its up to the city if its ok or not
  5. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

QEST gray plastic compression fittings work well too. I don't know about codes.
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Compression fittings are not allowed in concealed locations.