Calcite in pipes - how to remove

Users who are viewing this thread

nhshep

Reaction score
Have Culligan up flow neutralizer for 20 years no issue. Plumber installed whole house water softener. He saw the neutralizer was plumbed in with "in" towards well pressure tank. He switched it around. Next day we lose pressure cold, hot worked, day after lost hot and cold pressure no water. I took off drain valve between neutralizer and softener and it was clogged with I assume calcite seeing the flow in our house is Well pressure tank to neutralizer to softener to house. The installation company coming back tomorrow, I assume first they switch the neutralizer back to where it was "in" towards well. How much damage could be done with calcite in the water system, could it be localized to well, nautralizer, softner, or all house and hot water heater. Any idea what remedy they should use to correct. I did not think salt from softener or calcite from neutralizer went into the plumbing system to cause blockage. will calcite in pipes disolve, what I saw in the valve was 2/3rd blocked.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks