bth and shower

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by janetcal, Oct 23, 2010.

1. janetcal

janetcal New Member

I am a landlord with a 3 family home. looking to redo the bathroom. What should I do as far as a bth tub and shower for tenants? Should I purchase a sterling unit or just buy a tub and then tile the rest of the tub and unit? I have heard horror stories regarding the 3 piece units in regard to mold and seams coming apart etc.. I need something that is durable and easy to take care of with tenants.. Can anyone advise? Go with the units or do tile?? help thanks Janet
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The fibreglas or acrylic kits are easy to install, but can be damaged by tenants failing to keep clean, or cleaning with the wrong products.

Tile is a little more work to keep clean, but if they let it get moldy , then the worst case is you need to repoint some grout.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The only "single unit" you will be able to fit in there is a multipiece one. The most durable, long term, is tile over a "good tub". My limited experience with Sterling is that they are NOT a "good" tub.