Broken Switch on Whirlpool Tub

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by JonTex, Feb 14, 2008.

1. JonTex

JonTex New Member

During a recent cleaning of my whirlpool tub I was trying to clean under the on off switch cover. I must have twisted the wires off under the tub will trying to remove the cover. This switch is located on the back inside corner of the tub again the wall. How would be the best way to get to the bottom of the switch to reconnect the wires? Remove front cover which would require I think removal of 2 baseboards and some tile grout, or go through the wall from the living room?
    JonTex
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Hard to tell without being there, but it is usually easier to fix drywall than tiled areas. The pump should have an access panel as it will eventually need some service. Maybe make that access big enough somewhere and leave it as an access panel for future maintenance.
  3. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

Contact the manufacturer's tech support people and explain your predicament.
    They may have a solution, or at least the name of a certified repair shop.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

switch

Since this is a tub that is normally filled with water, the switch should not have any wires to it. It will normally be an air switch with a small hose.