Broadway Faucet problems

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by oakalley, Jul 22, 2009.

1. oakalley

oakalley New Member

I have a Broadway Spread faucet set in my master bathroom tub. this was never converted to Ceramic Disc Stem sets, has the original washer type stems. I cannot get the faucets to stop leaking even after replacing the washers in both the faucets. I feel like the seats are bad, but I can't find any replacement seats. Several companies sell the Ceramic disc cartridge replacement stems. My questions are where could I find the seats/washers ? And second, would ceramic disc stems fit and work in my existing faucet body?
    thanks very much
    Arthur
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

As you know, Broadway went under. I am surprised you are finding ceramic stems, but so be it.

When I look at a parts diagram of the compression spreadset, it does not look like a ceramic stem will retrofit into it. Not long enough. The part number for the compression repair kit, which included a seat, is 26.50196 but I don't think you will find it anywhere. I really don't know if the seat was made by someone still in business, but I don't think so.
  3. TedL

TedL New Member

4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Nice job finding that. It looks like the stem in the diagrams I have. I know that some of the single handle Broadway showers used Speakman cartridges, so it seems there was a relationship there...so it makes sense.