British Standard Plumbing Thread - Plugs

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by GGunderson, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. GGunderson

    GGunderson New Member

    Sep 16, 2005
    Hello All

    I'm looking for a source for 1/2" male BSPT plugs (brass, or....?) so that I can test a plumbing rough-in prior to closing the plumbing in the walls. Does anyone have a clue for me?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Phil H2

    Phil H2 New Member

    Sep 12, 2006
    Tujunga, CA
    They can be hard to find without ordering quantities. If you have an account, McMaster Carr sells them by the piece. For testing you may also consider stainless steel; sometimes they are cheaper. Another source may be a company that supplies hydraullic hoses and fitting; sometimes they have a broader selection. There was an online retailer that sold metric and BSPT (& BSPP) fittings; they specialized in metric hardware. But, I don't have time to search for the comapany name. Also, I have heard of people using regular old NPT with BSPT in smaller pipe sizes. I never tried it so your mileage may vary. The main difference between BSPT & NPT is the thread pitch (55° vs 60°)
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: British Standard
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need help on stem removal an an American Standard bathtub 3 handle fixture Jan 5, 2016
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Advice for transitioning PVC to non-standard cast iron Oct 10, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Connect 1/4" NPT to standard supply shut-off Jun 4, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice American Standard Shower Valve Dripping Apr 10, 2015
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice New water heater standards and attic installation Apr 8, 2015

Share This Page