Brine fill running while in service - Fleck 5600

Users who are viewing this thread

WallyO

Reaction score
Fleck 5600 - I noticed that my brine fill is constantly running while "in service" mode, the only reason it turns off is because of the float in the brine tank shutting it off or when it's in brine draw mode.

The reason I know this is because while it's "In Service", if I push the brine float down, water will start running into the brine tank.

Is this by design or is there an internal malfunction?

Bannerman

Reaction score
The control valve will need to be rebuilt with a new seal and spacer kit and brine valve. A new piston will be also required if the existing piston's Teflon coating is scratched or flaking off.

Rebuilding the 5600 is often an easy and straightforward task for many homeowners.

Halim78

Reaction score
The control valve will need to be rebuilt with a new seal and spacer kit and brine valve. A new piston will be also required if the existing piston's Teflon coating is scratched or flaking off.

Rebuilding the 5600 is often an easy and straightforward task for many homeowners.

I have the same issue, my softner is only 3 years old, do you think cleaning the seals, the spacers and the piston may solve the issue?
In my case, the brine valve, injector block are new

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks