Breaker keeps tripping

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by cjo, Nov 25, 2005.

1. cjo

cjo New Member

My 220V 20 amp breaker for my well pump will not reset after it trips. Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. Pumpman

Pumpman Pump Sales

You have a direct short somewhere in the wiring. Have an electrician or pump/well person check it out for you.
    Ron
  3. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Did you turn it all the way off then back to the on position? This resets it. If you just turn toward on, it will not catch.

bob...
  4. rshackleford

rshackleford New Member

I had a customer last week with a bad breaker. We firgured this out becuase the thing wouldn't reset when the main breaker was off. Well, we talked on the phone, determined it could be a bad breaker, and i haven't heard back. I have talked the business since, but no mention of a pump problem. This is probably the exception to the rule.
  5. mrichi

mrichi New Member

Easiest way to check the breaker is to remove the load wires,then try to reset. If it won't reset w/o the load wires attached, it's dead.