Braided SS supplies

Users who are viewing this thread

WoodyD

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced failures of the braided stainless steel type water heater hoses? Had one that was only 3 years old start to leak. I've been doing some internet searches, and it seems that at least some of these are poorly made. Leakage occurs at the couplings, which are often no better than the cheap rubber or plastic hoses. Looking to find out if this was an isolated incident or a trend. Thanks all-

Reaction score
Haven't used ones specifically for water heaters, but have had leaks as you describe from one made for washers and a particularly nasty blow out in one connected to a kitchen faucet.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Everyone around here used all copper flex lines to connect water heaters. Never reuse one, always replace if disconnecting the line for any reason.

WoodyD

Reaction score
we use the brass craft brand which is the best on the market ..
we probably go through a few hundred a year.... with no problems

other brands from the hardware stores have rarely given me problems
but that is probably what you got yourself into

Yeah Mark- mine was an Ace Hardware store brand, have also heard the Watts brand from the big orange place has been problematic. I think it's just the cheaper consumer brands that are causing the problems. Brasscraft looks like good stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks