Blowing well

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by hickster, Dec 25, 2008.

1. hickster

hickster New Member

Has anyone ever heard of or seen a blowing (not flowing) well? I can't seem to figure out what could cause this. This well should be in a sandstone formation covered with 100+ feet of clay. When my friend told me about this I thought he was hitting the bottle a little. No one in this area has anything like this. This well pushes almost as much air as a electric dryer vent. Stumped??
  2. masterpumpman

masterpumpman New Member

Yep, blowing well!

In my lifetime of drilling I drilled 1 well that blew air. It was in South Georgia. It blew enough air at about 60 degrees to cool a camp cabin. However it produced a damp musty air because it was coming from an underground cave. The well did produce water as well.

I drilled another well some 60 miles away and it sucked air. Sometimes it sucked more air than at other times.

Were they related. . . who knows?