Blanco silgranit sink - silicone or plumber's putty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rinoz

Reaction score
Installing a drop in sink with granite countertops. Can't find directions anywhere on Blanco's site specifying to use plumber's putty or silicone. Also unsure about sealant between sink and countertop. Any suggestions?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Lately I noticed all sink installation instructions, at least from China, suggest to use silicone for the sink drain. Plumbers putty is a bit oily and I think the granite sink will obsorb the oil and eventually look like a stain. There is stainless putty. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/silicone-on-drains-what-kind.80708/

For the sink flange, since it is supported in place by clips, just use silconized caulk under the flange. Press the sink down and center it, tighten the clips and then whip away excess caulk that oozed out. The caulk is only needs to act like a gasket. I have found that siliconized caulk pulls away from granite after just a few months. If you ever need to remove the sink it should come out fairly easy.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks