Best way to tie a shower into this stack?

Users who are viewing this thread

r_ventura_23

Reaction score
The only two items draining here is a toilet and a shower. The shower is being vented shortly after the trap and then runs towards the stack in the picture. In the picture I have the 2" vent going to the roof, but I may tie it in to the main 3" vent.

Anyways, what is the best way to tie the shower into this drainage system?

The drop from the flange to the closet bend is about 30" so I could tie in there? I could possibly but a Wye on top of the sanitary tee and tie in there. The distance from the closet bend to the sanitary tee is to short to tie in there. If I put a Wye under the sanitary tee, I don't think I would be able to get the 2" shower drain to that point. I am in a pretty tight space. Could I tie into the 2" pipe right after it reduces? Toilet.jpg

r_ventura_23

Reaction score
Thanks HJ. I was worried that connecting above the sanitary tee would hinder the vent for the toilet if the shower was running..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks