Best On Demand Digital Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

realthrifty

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,
I am a long time lurker, first time poster on the site. I am looking to purchase a water softener for my new house in Temecula, CA. We had a softener in UT with a non digital Fleck valve that i hated and could not stand. So this time around I would like to get a digital valve. I have read that the Clack WS-1 is one of the best if not the best valve currently on the market, the only problem is that i am unable to find a local plumber that offers and installs the clack. So I coming here to get advice from you all as to what the next best valve would be. I know that i will need a 2.0cuft softener based on the calculator and i know at that size some of the valves are eliminated.

One last question, is there any benefit to the dual tank systems?

Thanks

Real Thrifty

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
What was the water test?
Iron
Hardness

What was it that you hated and did not like with the Fleck valve and which one was it?

Twins can save on salt, but really more so when water has a comp hardness over say 25 and there is a large family.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Plumbers usually don't do much if any water treatment, so look up local water treatment dealers in your yellow pages instead of plumbers.

Using the same type of resin and programing a two tank softener and a twin tank for the same K of capacity and lbs of salt used per regeneration and they both have the same salt efficiency. So there is no salt savings simply because you have a twin tank type softener.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you google Clack you can probably find someone in your area that installs them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks