Best Near-Meter Piping Arrangement

Users who are viewing this thread

NTL1991

Reaction score
I'm in the planning process of replacing the original near-meter water piping. The main issues are a frozen, rusted ball valve upstream of the meter, and suspected leaky buried supply pipes downstream of the meter.

What's the best arrangement for the near-meter pipes? I'm all about valves and gauges. Does anyone have any pictures of installations they want to show off for ideas? I'd like to have a ball-valve isolated drain cock to make draining down the system easy if I ever have to. Gauges would be cool to see what's going on as far as pressure goes.

I'm planning on 3/4" copper running up the foundation wall to get the meter out of the pit. At the 1st floor joist level, I'll transition to AquaPEX for the new runs to replace the buried piping.

Any ideas?

This is what I'm dealing with:

3/4" supply from the street, rusty ball valve, meter, then 3/4" line through the basement floor, which tees off to each corner of the house, with the lines running up along the basement walls with old globe valves.

IMG-0266.JPG IMG-0267.JPG

I'm planning on digging that pit out a bit and laying down crushed stone to make it a little nicer.

Nick

NTL1991

Reaction score
Well I ran some more PEX lines and cleaned up the meter pit. Now I’m heading out to get some crushed stone to clean it up some more.

B8B950D6-0F24-4F2E-93DE-A9B8EEBFE74C.jpeg

Here you can see the wall (adjacent to the backer board for the ground wire) where I’d like to have the meter located to pipe the main up under the joists.

E74DBDA2-2B7A-424C-9236-A681A43C290A.jpeg

-Nick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks