Best & Longest Lasting Bath Faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by DanMcD, Nov 21, 2005.

1. DanMcD

DanMcD Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Dayton, OH
    What is the consensus on the best faucets for a bathroom (sink and shower)?

I'm looking for the most reliable faucet and one where the finish will last a very long time. Price is not an issue, but I would like to be able to easily get parts, if needed.

I had "ceramic disk" American Standard (AS) faucets put in my bathroom 25 years ago and they still work and have never leaked. Thus, I was thinking the AS might be the way to go.

2. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

Aug 7, 2005

If you can get that same faucet, go for it.

I have a delta thats 38 years old. Still looks almost like new.

I don't wait till it leaks before I do a repair on it.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Mike Swearingen

Mike Swearingen New Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Independent Real Estate Broker
    On Albemarle Sound In Northeastern NC
    I've had Delta's all over my home since I built it over 28 years ago, and I just repair them whenever necessary with the kits. I use Delta parts only. (The generic stuff doesn't seem to work as well.)
    Delta's are very easy to maintain for me.
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Some folks have commented negatively about current AM. Std. I have a lav in my home , about 14 years old now: looks and works like the day it was new.