Best cleaner/technique to use to clean a acrylic tub

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Rmok1111, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Rmok1111

Rmok1111 New Member

Hello everybody, Just moved and I have a 13 year owens corning white acrylic tub that is dirty. Can't seem to really get it clean/ back to oringal color inside the tub. Was thinking about replacing it with a american standard steel tub. But, trying to save some money and was wondering if there are any cleaners/ techniques that will clean the acrylic tub. Was thinking about getting a bleach paste and bleaching it. One of my friend recommended buffing it. Any recommendations will help.

Thanks,

Ray
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

When a tub is in really bad shape I break out the fiberglass boat cleaners and polish. Check with a marine supply store to see what they have.