Best angle stop for cpvc

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Plummer, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Plummer

Plummer New Member

What is the most reliable stop I can use for cpvc. Price not being a concern I don't want use anything cheap. Not going to lie cpvc scares me and it's the first time I used it. Thanks!
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Assuming you're using a compression stop, whatever you like for copper should perform the same.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IF I were using CPVC, and I would not, I would still install it with copper stubs for the stops. This would be so that the stubs COULD NOT break off over time. But since it is already done, any compression stop for copper will work on CPVC, usually with a support sleeve inserted into the tubing first.