bending pex around corner in 2x4 wall

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dabiz7, Feb 23, 2009.

1. dabiz7

dabiz7 New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    OK, I would like to run some pex inside an interior 2x4 stud wall, I need to turn two corners. I wonder, can 1/2" pex be safely snaked around the corner inside the drywall (assuming the holes in the studs are sufficient size) without kinking it? Do I need to use the metal bend supports for 1/2" ?

Thanks and great board !
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Each brand and size of pex will have a minimum bend radius, so you'd have to refer to the spec sheet for the one you plan to use. It is usually defined as X * the tubing diameter. Pulling pex through holes where you've got tight radii is tough. A bend support helps ensure you don't get a kink, but may not be necessary. Doesn't hurt though, except for the added cost.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Jul 30, 2008
    Tech. Instructor
    S. Maine
    Bend supports are code required for 90 degree changes in direction of 7 X pipe diameter or under.