bending pex around corner in 2x4 wall

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dabiz7, Feb 23, 2009.

1. dabiz7

dabiz7 New Member

OK, I would like to run some pex inside an interior 2x4 stud wall, I need to turn two corners. I wonder, can 1/2" pex be safely snaked around the corner inside the drywall (assuming the holes in the studs are sufficient size) without kinking it? Do I need to use the metal bend supports for 1/2" ?

Thanks and great board !
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Each brand and size of pex will have a minimum bend radius, so you'd have to refer to the spec sheet for the one you plan to use. It is usually defined as X * the tubing diameter. Pulling pex through holes where you've got tight radii is tough. A bend support helps ensure you don't get a kink, but may not be necessary. Doesn't hurt though, except for the added cost.
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Bend supports are code required for 90 degree changes in direction of 7 X pipe diameter or under.