Bathtub copper trap replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

bfossett

Reaction score
I'm replacing a 30" wide tub with a 34" wide tub in a circa 1969 house. The current tub is using a copper 1 1/2" drain trap soldered into the waste/vent line. I can't move or even pivot the triple inlet (drain/drain/vent) on the waste/vent line because another tub on the other side of the wall is using it as well. My question is, do they make copper U traps of different distances between the openings? IE: the existing U trap has openings 2 3/4" on center - I looks like I would need a U trap of 4 3/4" to 5" on center to position correctly for the new tub.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Most likely you will have to re-pipe the drain setup from scratch using a 45 deg. elbow coming out of the stack to catch the overflow and drain...
Take a pic of the setup and we might be more help...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks