bathroom vent/heat lamp combo

Users who are viewing this thread

rioguia

Reaction score
I have a nutone vent/heat lamp combo for a bathroom. The install diagram shows how to have the vent and heat operate separately but only with a combo switch. I would like to have a time operate the heat lamp instead. I have attempte to adapt the nutone install instruction for this purpose. Would someone see if I have the diagram laid out correctly (see below)?
diagram

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
It looks good, assuming the blue wire in the Nutone unit powers the heat lamp and the red powers the fan. Does the fan work with the vent switch? Is the time switch one of those windup switches that you have to turn past 5 minutes or so first? You could check its operation by temporarily substituting a standard off-on switch for it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks