Bathroom conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

Ottawa97tj

Reaction score
So, previous owners converted 2 bathrooms on the top floor to one main bathroom, due to some water damage I needed to gut the washroom, since it is gutted and I don't trust the plumbing I figured I would convert it back into two bathrooms, I have been trying to figure out how the builder would have plumbed it. In the run there would be 2 of each a sink toilet and tub. I am at home so I don't have access to any fancy drawing software but this is what I was able to come up with.

Bathroom.jpg

Once the runs goes horizontal there is a 3 inch San Tee that is the main vent stack that goes through the roof, attached with a San Tee to this stack above the horizontal run is a 2 inch Sink waste. On the continuing on the horizontal run is a 3 Inch Y that is for the first toilet ( no vent except the main stack) after the toilet Y there is another Y for the tub this line 2 inch line is vented. After the tub Y there is another Y that is used for the second washroom Tub and Sink which is also vented. After that Y there is a San Tee that goes to a vent for the second toilet, At the end of the horizontal run is the toilet.

Does this make sense. I will post some pics to hopefully help describe this better. Also if you require more pics let me know and I can take some snaps

Ottawa97tj

Reaction score
Here are some pictures

BathroomPlumb1.jpg

Once the runs goes horizontal there is a 3 inch San Tee that is the main vent stack that goes through the roof, attached with a San Tee to this stack above the horizontal run is a 1.5 inch Sink waste. On the continuing on the horizontal run is a 3 Inch Y that is for the first toilet ( no vent except the main stack)

BathroomPlumb2.jpg

after the toilet Y there is another Y for the tub this line 1.5 inch line is vented.

BathroomPlumb3.jpg

After the tub Y there is another Y that is used for the second washroom Tub and Sink which is also vented.

BathroomPlumb4.jpg

After that Y there is a San Tee that goes to a vent for the second toilet, At the end of the horizontal run is the toilet.

Apologize if this is confusing let me know if there is something I could do to clarify

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks