bath/shower combination

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by steven, Mar 9, 2005.

1. steven

steven New Member

we have horrible fluctuating water temperature from our shower, but the bath faucet seems to be fine. I thought that to avoid ripping out the pipes and replacing (we're in a condo), I might try a combination handheld shower/bathtub faucet.
    Does anyone know who makes these things (where the shower hose would come out of the bathtub faucet)? I used to see them in Europe, but don't know who makes them in the US.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I recently put in a Grohe combination tub filler, hand shower temperature controlled valve assembly. It is primarily all brass (probably weighs 10 pounds) and was not cheap. I'm sure other companies also make things that would work. I think you need to try to figure out what is causing the temperature flucuations, though. It might be that just adding a pressure balance valve is needed, or if yours already is, it is sticking. It probably can be repaired. My unprofessional opinion.