Basement Toilet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by paudash, Mar 18, 2007.

1. paudash

paudash New Member

Just stumbled on this site and it looks great. I'm new with all this so I'll do my best explaining my situation. I am planning on putting a toilet in my basement. It will be located 8" from draining into a 4" sewer main That point is located less than 24" from the 3" main stack. I'm getting conflicting responses from the 'experts' working at the Big Box home improvement stores as to if the toilet needs to be vented or not. Is there a certain distance from the main stack that a basement toilet doesn't need to be vented? Any other tips or advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. just knowing you are 8" from the 4" drain is sufficient knowledge. You are close enough. I'm not a plumber, so wait until someone else confirms.

David