Basement Floor Vent (oops)

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by seaneys, Dec 30, 2007.

1. seaneys

seaneys New Member

Note to self...

When fill checking the dwv plumbing, don't forget to plug the vent line between ejector pit and the basement floor drain..

I needed to mop the floor anyway...
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Had the pit been used yet?
  3. seaneys

seaneys New Member

Umm.. No..

Clean as a whistle..

Steve
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Thats good!
  5. Herk

Herk Plumber

Are you saying that the basement floor drain vent and the ejector vent are the same? You wouldn't get away with that here - the sump is supposed to be vented separately if you don't want the pump to siphon traps.
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I think he was saying he was filling the DWV system for a leak test and he didn't block the vent for the pit... When the pit filled and the pump went on it got ugly fast!
  7. seaneys

seaneys New Member

They are two separate vents, but I join them in the wall on the way to the roof.

The inspector has not seen this yet.. Did I goof? I could not fund much specific info on vents for ejector pumps. I just made sure the vent and the ejector pump outlet were the same size (2") to be conservative.

Steve
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

There is no way the pump could siphon the traps even if the tank and fixture vents are connected together, and that is the way we have done it since the beginning of time.