baseboard trim

Users who are viewing this thread

George R

Reaction score
Before. Install the baseboard before the carpet but leave a 3/8 inch gap between the floor and the bottom of the baseboard. This will allow the installers to tuck the carpet under the baseboard.

bill from jersey

Reaction score
I have two curved (6" radius) walls in a recent remodeled master bath. The curved walls are untiled sheetrock and the straight walls are 1/4" bead board paneling over sheetrock. The flooring is ceramic tile.

I'm looking for various "inexpensive methods to provide baseboard trim for these walls. I thought if I "back cut" regular 3 1/4 " baseboard I'd be able to bend it to these curves. No such luck.

I know some companies manufacture flexible moldings for this type situation, but it would cost me approximately $75 just for the two sections and the company says they won't guarantee their product won't break doing anything less than an 8" radius. Does anyone know of a lower alternative, either a rubberized molding or some form of coved base tile?

SUZY-Q

Reaction score
Radius Walls

Try MDF trimboards....they bend alot easier than fingerjoined wood trims.

Prashster

Reaction score
I'd be leery of mdf close to water.
Look into polyurethane. Flexible as heck. But it can't take dings too well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks