Baffle question in old septic tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Onokai

Reaction score
Later this week I'm getting rid of the last section of old red clay pipe that feeds my small 500 gallon septic tank. I'm putting in 4 inch sewer and drain . Its about a 10 foot run with a no/hub onto cast iron which is working fine under house. The tank has a cement baffle stuck on side of tank which is about foot and 1/2 long and looks like a 10 inch concrete pipe spit in 1/2 stuck to side where the clay pipe enters tank- this baffle could be longer so it works better. I have a choice to just plumb the plastic pipe like the red clay was flush to inner wall or knock off the baffle and make a new one from a sanitary tee or regular tee with a piece on the bottom to recreate the baffle.
What's the best method ?
As I need to have it all ready the day I have the tank pumped out.

Also should I seal the plastic pipe to tank on the outside with Hydraulic Cement or something else?

I have some nasty cedar roots that always want into this tank via the lid so a tight seal is key.
Mark

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks