Bad Jacuzzi tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Rsmith99

Reaction score
I am trying to install a new Jacuzzi tub but I am having trouble with the drain. It appears the drain hole was drilled off center and the flange around the hole is not flat. The drain basket wobbles from left to right and has about a 1/8 inch gap. I am trying to get the dealer toget me another tub. What do I do if they won't?

Attachments

• DSC_0122_5x7050508.jpg
    DSC_0122_5x7050508.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC_0109_5x7x.jpg
    DSC_0109_5x7x.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
There is no modification to take care of this; insist that they replace your tub as that offset in the opening is a future leak.

Jacuzzi is relatively good about customer satisifaction..

If they know this thread exists *hint hint* they may react quite quickly and efficiently to remedy the problem in a timely manner. :cool:

Rsmith99

Reaction score
New tub still has problems

Well, Jacuzzi sent me a new tub. That is good.
But...
The new tub has a new problem related to the drain. The inside finished portion of the drain hole is centered and nice an flat. But the thickness of the fiberglass around the edge of the drain hole varies by 1/8 inch underneath the tub. It is about 5/16 inch three quaters of the way around and tapers down to about 3/16 on the last quarter of the hole.

The rubber gasket is only 1/8 inch thick. I am afraid the drain will not be tight all the way around the fiberglass hole and may leak.

Is this normal for a fiberglass tub? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks