Back up sump pump configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

ls4456

Reaction score
I recently had a back up sump pump installed. After installation by a local plumber, I read the manual that specifies that the water should be pumped out through a separate pipe than the main sump pump. The attached pictures show how the back up and main sump pump piping was configured. Just looking for piece of mind that this is a stable and acceptable configuration? Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Thanks!
sump 1.jpg
sump 2.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I was going to say that the two right angle fittings seemed to add more backpressure than necessary, but I see that bottom fitting is part of the product. http://www.libertypumps.com/Products/Category/SubCategory/Product/?p=76&s=23&c=14

I think your use of the two checkvalves should be fine. A separate pipe would have the advantage of not having backpressure from the checkvalve. Minimizing the rise on the output pipe would be important I would think. Does that go to a yard bubbler, or what?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Though it would not be uncommon to do it this way, the one downside is that when one of the check valves fail, the pumped water will be pushed back into the pit by the opposing pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks