back to back bathroom waste piping

Users who are viewing this thread

Bsperr

Reaction score
We're redoing our master bath, and I want to make sure my waste/vent piping plan is correct. The master bath is back to back with the guest bath. I have a tall crawl space underneath the bathrooms, so I have plenty of room to work with. I'm planning a vertical wet vent with the lav in the master bath above the tub in the guest bath, which will be above the toilet and shower in master bath. I'm planning to use a san tee with a side inlet for the toilet in the master bath to pick up the waste from the shower. The lav and toilet in the guest bath will be on a separate branch to the main drain so aren't included in the diagram . I'm under the IPC, which is pretty permissive with wet venting, but I also want to make sure this system wont' have any problems. Here's a pic of the bathroom layout and my plan so far. The blue line in the iso represents the level of the floor. Please let me know what you think.
bathroom pic.jpg
Bathroom iso.jpg

Bsperr

Reaction score
I should have listed the sizes and lengths of the pipes in the iso. The main is 3", the toilet will be 3", the shower 2" and the lav 1 1/2" (all PVC). The longest trap for the shower should only be about 3 to 4 feet, so trap length should not be an issue. I mainly wanted to get confirmation that this was vented properly under IPC rules.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks