AST Storage Tank vs Indirect Water Heater vs Electric Water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Mory

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a Bradford White AST-40-6 Storage Tank which needs a replacement. I am a little confused about what this tank does. My system is classified as a "Tankless with Booster Tank" system - the Tank is connected to a Weil Mclain WTGO-3 boiler.

Is this tank using electricity as well [to keep the water hot]? or just storing the hot water from the boiler?

What's the difference compared to an Indirect Water heater? or if it's using electricity - what's the difference between this tank and an electric water heater?

I noticed that price-wise while an electric heater would be around $700 this AST Storage Tank is ~$1200 , same price as an indirect water heater - Why is just a storage tank more expensive than an electric water heater?

I would really appreciate if someone could help me understand the differences.

Thanks,
Mory

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks