AS To Offer Bidet Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
According to today's Wall Street Journal, American Standard will be offering a bidet toilet. Since it is owned by Lixil, which also owns Inax, the CEO has said that introducing the product under a familiar brand should start converting Americans. The article says that Toto invented the bidet toilet. I thought Inax did... Anyway, expect a big push from AS.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Somehow they should let more people try out bidet toilets then people will love the idea:p

If you use the bathroom at Costco, they make it clear that you are wiping with Kirkland Signature Premium toilet paper, which BTW is their number one selling product. It's a smart way to let people give it a "test drive". Maybe AS replaces the seats in the restrooms at HD with their bidet seat? Might involve a lot of maintenance, but it would be a nifty way to get people to try it. Right now, certain luxury hotels (like many in Vegas that cater to Japanese clientele) have bidet seats, and a lot of people fly home and immediately order one...

sereph315

Reaction score
If you use the bathroom at Costco, they make it clear that you are wiping with Kirkland Signature Premium toilet paper, which BTW is their number one selling product. It's a smart way to let people give it a "test drive". Maybe AS replaces the seats in the restrooms at HD with their bidet seat? Might involve a lot of maintenance, but it would be a nifty way to get people to try it. Right now, certain luxury hotels (like many in Vegas that cater to Japanese clientele) have bidet seats, and a lot of people fly home and immediately order one...

Haha that's what I see from the reviews on online. People had a trip to Europe or Asia then they want to get a bidet at home too.
I would assume to install bidets at hotels is a large investment but I'm sure it will pay off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks