ARSENIC IN WELL WATER- FILTER QUESTION

Users who are viewing this thread

Ordie

Reaction score
I installed a whole house activated alumina filter, but it drops the 65 psi water pressure to much. I am now looking at a
GreenFlo LayneRT Upflow Arsenic 10 Filter System

Will this filter allow better flow?
Any thoughts on using this type filter?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Certainly not a system I would recommend. Can you post a water report? It would make a lot more sense to do it right rather than keep throwing equipment at it without knowing what is going on. Arsenic and DIY typically are not a good combo. We see many people attempt this and spend tons of money trying to fix a problem that could have been dealt with easily had they simply consulted a water expert.

ditttohead

Reaction score
I would be more concerned about the coliform. Arsenic levels are almost double the mcl but should be fairly easy to mitigate. Since coliform reduction is typically done with chlorine and a baffled contact tank, you might want to consider a carbon tank and an arsenic reduction system as well. Some other options may make more sense but these ideas should not be discussed in an open forum, just like the people who drank fish tank cleaner, I don't like to give certain types of advice about certain contaminants since some people really are not all that bright. I sent you a pm.

Ordie

Reaction score
Here is the results of current arsenic test completed yesterday.

Arsenic (III) 0.0035 mg Pass /Limit 0.001 0.010 mg/L EPA 200.8 JLR-NH 03/26/20 3:57PM
Arsenic (V) (calc.) 0.0130 mg Fail /Limit 0.001 0.010 mg/L EPA 200.8 JLR-NH 03/26/20 3:57PM
Arsenic* Total 0.0165 mg Fail /Limit 0.001 0.010 mg/L EPA 200.8 JLR-NH 03/26/20 3:53PM

ditttohead

Reaction score
Fairly good articles, thanks for sharing. I am used to people putting up links to scam sites, LOL. There are many ways to treat arsenic, but only a few that are reasonably cost effective when you consider the cost per gallon treated. Some methods are very inexpensive, but the operating cost can get ridiculous.