AO Smith Vertex

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeyVon

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the AO Smith Vertex water heater? My plumbing supply house only carries AO Smith and I am trying to decide between the Vertex and a standard powervent unit. There is about a $450 diffence with the Vertex being around $1450.

I will be using it for my DHW and radiant heating (isolated thru a heat exchanger).

Here is some info on the Vertex for those who have not heard about it. http://www.hotwater.com/lit/spec/res_gas/ARG-SS01306.pdf

thanks,

michael

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Be wise and buy the extended warranty..........

That looks pretty snazzy......

looks like a great idea and sort of a alternative to
a tankless water heater if it is 93% efficient..???

I would love to fool with one myself....

the only downside I see to it is the fact that it is
an A.O.Smith....

and if it is anything like the quality
i have seen with the lesser models,

you better buy the extended 10 yr warranty
or it will break your heart. ....6 1/2... years from now.. ..

I woud not buy their power vent heater... on
principle alone..

MikeyVon

Reaction score
as far as AO Smith goes it is all I really have "inexpensive" access to. I am building as an owner/builder and my buddy was kind enough to put me on his cash account at the supply house. I get around 40% off list, which is better than I can get anywhere else. The supply house only carries AO Smith.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks