Another knocking question

Users who are viewing this thread

jwbr

Reaction score
As soon as I flush my toilet a get slight knocking sound in the pipes by the shower as soon as I flush. It's not a lot, maybe 6 or 7 knocks and not loud ones. The weird thing is that it only happens as the weather has gotten colder. I don't get this in the summer! Is this just a knock issue that I could get rid of by putting an arrester on the supply line to the toilet? Why does this happen only in the colder weather?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
noise

It could be the sound of the water meter pulsing as it measures the amount of water being used. WHERE you hear the noise is NOT necessarily where it is occurring.

jwbr

Reaction score
Well since I've got the wall torn out to work on an adjacent bathroom I might just add an arrester to the toilet line.
Thanks.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I've got the wall torn out
Watch and feel the pipes during a flush. There's supposed to be a clamp every 3 to 6 feet, depending on who you ask.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks