And faucet still drips!!!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by silversmith, Jun 26, 2013.

1. silversmith

silversmith New Member

If have a basement "slop sink" with compression faucets mixing to a central spout -- nothing unusual.

It started to drip from the spout, so I changed the hot faucet washer (no spout drip when I shut off hot water input under sink). Still dripped. Then I changed the hot faucet seat. Still drips. This morning, I changed the entire hot faucet stem - AND IT STILL DRIPS!

I don't know what else to do from here. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Peter
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Are you sure you installed the correct seat? It could be leaking around the new seat.

John
  3. silversmith

silversmith New Member

Yes, it is the seat that came with the stem. Thanks.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drip

Make and model of faucet, since you were able to find a stem which fit it, assuming it is the correct one.
  5. silversmith

silversmith New Member

Stem and seat (sealed together) are the ones they gave me in the hardware store to replace the old one I brought in with me - Pfister brand.
    Thank you!
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

stem

Pfister makes a LOT of stems which LOOK the same, and are ALMOST interchangeable.