American Valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Cass, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Cass

Cass Plumber

Low*s has stopped carying Watts PRVs and started carying American Valve Brand.

The Watts valves were 25% less than what my supply house sold them for.

Does anyone know if American Valve products are imported like most or know if the PRVs are any good.

jimbo you are good at what companys are owned by who.
  2. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Just looked on their website...no affiliate links, no mention of other companies that I could see.
    I think these guys are solo, but thats just from a brief look at the website.
  3. I stick with what's tried and true, not price most times. Lowes has been selling those american valves for some time.....have no clue what their PRV's withstand.

I'm not fond of Wilkins either...
  4. chenyufen4

chenyufen4 New Member

5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

A building PRV is no place to try to save 5 bucks or 25 bucks even. You will be repaid with poor performance and lack of reliability.

At my condo ...of 13 buildings ( 1985 contstruction) 11 still have the original Honeywell Braukmann PRV. We do static and dynaming pressure tests every month. No worries mate.