American standard bathtub faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Hawk19of, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Hawk19of

Hawk19of New Member

I have an American standard faucet in my bathtub but I'm not sure what model it is. But the issue I'm having is when you turn it on only the hot water works when you move it to the cold water setting nothing comes out at all. The hot water is scalding and no cold water at all. Can you help me with this issue?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I assume you are describing a single handle faucet, and if so, and if it is a fairly modern one, it should have a pressure balancing unit, of some kind, in it and that is probably stuck.