Air in Water lines

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by kerrpress@telis.org, Aug 29, 2006.

1. kerrpress@telis.org

kerrpress@telis.org New Member

A friend of mine said his power went off a week or so back, and now he's got air in his water lines to his house— He is on a well. I told him before I put a oneway valve on my house, with the well 200 feet down the hill, if I didn't "catch" the problem in time my whole house, (including the hot water tank) would drain down, but after a few days the air was gone...

So, what are the many possible ways for air to get in your water lines?

Thank you in advance!
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

The usual/primary cause is a leaking check/foot valve in the well; all submersible pumps have one in/on the outlet. Adding one at the pressure tank hides the symptoms of that or other leaks between the additional check valve and the one in/on the submersible pump.