Air in the system

Users who are viewing this thread

Roy G

Reaction score
Our water supply is dependant on a 170 ft. well and the house is heated with a water-based heat pump. Recently we appear to have air in the system as indicated by lots of small bubbles to be seen in the flow gauge on the heat pump and also by the fact that when we turn on taps there is a brief pause as air is released before water begins to flow. A final point which may or may not be related is the loud clang which is heard when the heat pump turns off. Although I have checked I have been unable to locate the source of the bang.

I suspect the air may be getting in through a leak in the piping down the well but would very much appreciate any other viable suggestions. I have done quite a bit of plumbing including a complete bathroom installation and would be happy to hear that it's a repair I could do myself. Many thanks.

Roy G.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks