Air Gap & Standpipe Issues for Water Processing

Users who are viewing this thread

rural_engineer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a 1.5" PVC standpipe that primarily serves as the drain for my water softener. It also is the overflow drain for the brine tank and the brine drain for the RO system. Additionally, I would like to have it be the backwashing drain for a Hydra filter.

Here are my woes:

1. I currently am using Keeney Mr. Drain airgaps. In my current setup, I can only fit two on the standpipe. Do the brine overflow and the Hydra need airgaps? If not, how can I fit all four into my standpipe?

2. The brine overflow is pretty close to the top of the standpipe. I think I have some room to trim the standpipe, since the trap is in the crawlspace below the joists. What's the minimum standpipe length that I should use?

3. The Mr. Drain airgap sprays and spatters as the permeate pump pulses water into the drain. Is there a better solution?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks