Air fitting for blowing out system

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by kaw550, Nov 25, 2013.

1. kaw550

kaw550 New Member

Does anyone make a compressor fitting or schrader (sp?) valve that I can tie into my plumbing? I did ask a local supply shop but they didnt have anything.

Right now I am planning to tie into the pex plumbing with a T, add a valve and a compressor fitting with a hose barb that I can clamp on.
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

Amflo 701-2 has a 1/4 inch pipe thread and a Schrader valve on the other. However for a temporary tool. Quick-connect fittings with 1/4 pipe thread are very common.
  3. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Google snifter valve.
  4. guy48065

guy48065 Member

The Big Box stores carry M & F hose thread ends. Screw an air hose quick disconnect into a female garden hose connector and you have a great tool for blowing out lines. I use a cheap oil-less compressor set to 40psi hooked to an outside hose bib to pressurize the system. Neither of the cottages I've owned have been plumbed with sloping pipes that would drain naturally. Using air makes winterizing a 10 minute job.