Air fitting for blowing out system

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by kaw550, Nov 25, 2013.

  1. kaw550

    kaw550 New Member

    Does anyone make a compressor fitting or schrader (sp?) valve that I can tie into my plumbing? I did ask a local supply shop but they didnt have anything.

    Right now I am planning to tie into the pex plumbing with a T, add a valve and a compressor fitting with a hose barb that I can clamp on.
  2. Reach4

    Reach4 Well-Known Member

    Amflo 701-2 has a 1/4 inch pipe thread and a Schrader valve on the other. However for a temporary tool. Quick-connect fittings with 1/4 pipe thread are very common.
  3. LLigetfa

    LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

    NW Ontario, Canada
    Google snifter valve.
  4. guy48065

    guy48065 Member

    SE and north MI
    The Big Box stores carry M & F hose thread ends. Screw an air hose quick disconnect into a female garden hose connector and you have a great tool for blowing out lines. I use a cheap oil-less compressor set to 40psi hooked to an outside hose bib to pressurize the system. Neither of the cottages I've owned have been plumbed with sloping pipes that would drain naturally. Using air makes winterizing a 10 minute job.
Similar Threads: fitting blowing
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Fitting 1/2-inch FNPT to Faucet Sunday at 10:16 AM
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Can Hose Bib (Brass Male) Be Connected Directly to Copper (Female) Not Fitting Smoothly Oct 14, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice PEX Cinch Fittings - Mixing Brands Sep 21, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Pipe dope flare fittings Sep 3, 2014
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Backflow fitting needed? Is different metals acceptable? Aug 8, 2014

Share This Page