AIO filter does not "brine" air

Users who are viewing this thread

Malmen

Reaction score
I got the rotten egg smell back and found out that the AIO does not inhale any air when in brine mode. It is dead silent. Before it sounded like a moped when it drew ait through the one way valve. I have removed and cleaned the metal screen filter in the air injector thingy and the one way valve works but it seems to have a blockage somewhere. Above the metal screen filter there is a plastic thing that looks like a fuel jet in a carburator. Should I unscrew this and clean?

Pics of my filter can be seen here https://terrylove.com/forums/index....pery-water-and-funny-smell.99663/#post-716886

Bannerman

Reaction score
there is a plastic thing that looks like a fuel jet in a carburator. Should I unscrew this and clean?
Yes! The injector will typically include 2 pieces which will both need to be removed to clean each piece as well as to access the injector throat to allow it to be also cleaned.

I'm not certain of which control valve is utilized for your AIO filter, but some parts of it appear similar to a Fleck 5600. I anticipate your injector will be similar to the Fleck 5600 injector shown in the video below, beginning at 2:38.

Last edited:

Malmen

Reaction score
Yes! The injector will typically include 2 pieces which will both need to be removed to clean each piece as well as to access the injector throat to allow it to be also cleaned.

I'm not certain of which control valve is utilized for your AIO filter, but some parts of it appear similar to a Fleck 5600. I anticipate your injector will be similar to the Fleck 5600 injector shown in the video below, beginning at 2:38.

This is the same control valve. I had everything apart and blew compressed air through all openings. I don't have that fancy tool for the big plunger assembly but it was no problem putting it back anyway. That tool seems to make it more complicated than it needs to be I think. Just put everyting back as they were. Well now I got the moped sound back and the filter sucks air! Thank you!

Malmen

Reaction score
Can anyone look at my manual attached with a link to help me identify the model of the control valve so I can buy reasonable priced spare parts? I saw that it is not exactly the same as Fleck 5600 in the video. My suppler don't want me to know about that I think. I might want to replace the piston assembly because mine is extremly hard to move up and down after tightening the screws.

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
mine is extremly hard to move up and down after tightening the screws.
A special tool is not required to remove/replace the piston, seals & spacers on a Fleck 5600. During assembly, the piston, piston rod and seals need to be lubricated with a food grade silicone type grease such as Chemplex 862 or Dow Release Compound 7.

The photos and diagrams within the manual you supplied, appear almost identical to a Fleck 5600 SXT digital control valve with the exception of the control panel, white cover, Red bypass valve handles, and the tang shown on the piston rod that protrudes upward above the cam slot.

Post some low res photos showing the backside of your control valve, with the rear cover removed.

Here are some images showing a North American Fleck 5600 piston, SXT digital controller, and bypass valve.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.png

Malmen

Reaction score
The piston "beer opener" does not look the same. Mine has a tab sticking up into the black plastic guide that you have to remove to take of the head. Motor is 12 volt AC, Hexinmotor part #16945. White thing in lower left is the one way valve that sucks air and sounds like a moped.
IMG_20240505_221424 (2).jpg