ABS wye with spigot end

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Seattle38, May 20, 2013.

1. Seattle38

Seattle38 New Member

I'm looking for a 45 degree reducing wye; 4x4x3, with hubs on the top (inflow) 4 inch and side 3 inch connections and a 4 inch spigot on the downflow end. Same for a 3x3x2.

I attached a drawing for reference sake. I can't find these at any major home center. It looks like Nibco may make them, but I can't tell from their literature for sure.

Any help would be great, where I can find them, etc. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  2. sethamin

sethamin New Member

Sounds like you're describing a reducing wye with a street connection. I've personally never seen one, but a cursory Google search shows that they do exist, and are known as "street wyes" (feel free to insert your own pun here):
    http://www.gpfsupply.com/index~path...tings.Complete,A603...ABS.Wye.Street.Reducing
    http://www.gpfsupply.com/index~path...tings.Complete,A603...ABS.Wye.Street.Reducing
    I doubt any major home center carries them. You could try your local plumbing supply house. Otherwise you may have to order online.
  3. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Almost 40 years, never seen one. They are in the Nibco and Charlotte catalogs but I've never seen one on the shelves.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

A good plumbing supply store should have them, although a 4x3 street "Y" may be harder to find.